This #TastyTuesday, we’re bringing you a recipe that will be perfect for all the holiday parties. This dark chocolate bark is one of our favorites.
Video Courtesy of Food & Wine
- ? cup 60% chocolate discs
- ? cup salted roasted pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
- 1? cups roasted whole almonds
(Yields about 25 pieces)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a sharp knife, finely chop the chocolate.
- In a bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water, heat the chopped chocolate, stirring occasionally, until it is about two-thirds melted; do not let the bowl touch the water.
- Remove the bowl from the saucepan and stir the chocolate until it is completely melted and the temperature registers 90 degrees on a candy thermometer. If the chocolate has not melted complete and is still too cool, set it over the saucepan for 1 or 2 minutes longer, stirring constantly; do not overheat.
- Stir the almonds and seeds into the chocolate and spread onto the prepared baking sheet in a 1/2-inch-thick layer, making sure the nuts and seeds are completely covered in chocolate.
- Refrigerate the bark for about 10 minutes, until hardened.
- Invert the bark onto a work surface. Remove the parchment paper, break into 25 pieces and store or serve.
Don’t forget to?share your creations with me on Instagram?by using #JacquesTorres, or tagging @JacquesTorres in your post to be featured on my Instagram feed!
Photography by John Kernick